As a food lover I know that there are times when things are being eaten not because I’m hungry, or for the taste, but for something else...something deeper that wants to be given some attention.
Like crisps when I’m overworked, chocolate when I want a hug - those kind of things!
In order to reclaim our own health it’s worth taking some time out of our busy days to stop and think about what else nourishes us - what can we do to feel ‘more ourselves' without reaching for food as a comforter.
Here’s a few of my other nourishing nourishments in life!
* Hugging someone and feeling their heart beat next to mine
* Wiggling warm toes in the duvet first thing in the morning
* Running until my legs are like jelly (which these days doesn’t take long!)
* Reading a great book or expertly written scientific paper (ooh I do love those too...)
* Smelling a flower, fruit or freshly cut herbs
* Feeling the sun shining on my face
* Laughing with friends
* Listening to music
What are yours?
How can you fit them into your daily life?
What needs to move out to make space for new things to move in?
If you like what you’ve read please feel free to share!
#NutritionWithin #realfood #sustainable #nourish #wellness #laugh #love #breathe